Dust and grit can act as sandpaper as you walk across the floor. Regular cleaning is required in preserving the luster of the finish. A soft bristle broom or fiber mob and some of professional wooden floor maintenance products are essential. The quality of cleaning and maintenance of products will determine the effectiveness of your efforts.
The following cleaning tips are recommended for hardwood floor by some of the hardwood industry professionals to minimize maintenance and sustain the beauty of your wood floors:
- Wipe up spills immediately
- Avoid wet-mopping. Standing water can dull and damage the wood and leave mineral residue.
- Self-polishing acrylic waxes (like Orange-Glo) cause wood to become slippery and buildup to create a dull appearance.
- If finish dulls, try buffing instead of over-waxing. To avoid wax-build-up, wax high-traffic areas more frequently than areas under rugs and furniture.
- Use a humidifier in winter months to minimized shrinkage and movement.
- Avoid sports cleats and high heels.
- Lift furniture when moving, where possible.
- Use plastic or fabric-faced glides under the legs of furniture.
If you need best and qualified experts to clean your hardwood floor then give us a call on 203-916-4898, we will clean your hardwood floor.